Timber decking is naturally warm and timeless. With the right treatments and finishes, timberwood can be made more durable and long-lasting. At Liverpool Decking Co, we have all the right tools and skills to do the best treatment and installation. Two of the most common types of timber decking board are softwood and hardwood, and each bears its own features.
Softwoods have become popular for homeowners these days. This type of timber is treated to protect them from rot and mould. At Liverpool Decking Co, we use softwood decking boards that go well with Q-Grip Strips or slip-resistant inserts. Because these woods come from trees that grow fast, they are less dense which can be an issue when used outdoors. Nevertheless, they are considered friendly to the environment.
To give you more insights on softwoods, you need to know that even if they are durable, it is not as good as hardwood’s strength durability. Below are more things that you should know about softwoods:
- It is the cheapest option among decking board materials.
- It is easy to install and work with.
- It goes well with almost any designs.
- Its material density is low, thus it is not as durable as hardwood.
- It may serve as quick but short-term solution only.
- It may not work well for areas with high-traffic
Hardwood is made from slow-growing trees which gives them a harder core and exterior. It also has different colors and finishes which makes it a versatile choice both for indoor and outdoor use.
For your hardwood needs, invest with Liverpool Decking Co. Our supplies only come from sustainable sources. Our hardwoods are processed properly so that they can serve you for a very long time.
Below are some important things that you need to know about hardwood:
- It is significantly stronger than most deck boards.
- It is not prone to damage and rot.
- It is more difficult to handle and install.
- It cost more than other deck boards,
- It requires more maintenance.
- It is harder to grow and process.